Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Happy Halloween

My Halloween day in Sevilla, Spain, started by taking Pooh and Tigger to a local hospital to visit some children. Normally if I was to be with Pooh and Tigger on a special outing, I would take pictures. However, my heart was just broken to see these children with tubes coming out of them. When Pooh went to play with this one little boy, he kept shying away. The nurse told us that the little boy was ashamed of being sick. . . how heartbreaking!! Tigger made a special friend in the Cancer Ward, and I'll admit I got really choked up and began to cry. Words cannot explain how happy it makes me that my job allows me to bring happiness to children all over the world . . . . especially special ones like the ones we met Halloween morning.

After our hospital visit, Pooh and Tigger went back to the hotel and I went to work to make Pooh yet another sweater. (Sometimes, honey just doesn't come out.)

Charlie and I whipped Pooh up a sweater and went home early to prepare for our annual Halloween party. I went as Anna Nicole Smith. Obviously, fat Anna Nicole.


To add to the trashiness of Anna Nicole, I drank Sangria out of a box most of the night. It was pretty funny. We had a good time. Other costumes included Kevin as the Joker, Michelle was half devil, half angel, Keiko was full devil, Mike was a Priest, Izumi was vampire, Aikele was a cowboy, and Adrian went as Angel from Rent. Some other people dressed up as well, but those were the best.

Well, I'm off to the 100 Acre Woods again!