Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sitges,Spain; Paris, France and bad Internet

I have tried now for over an hour to post pictures from Norway. The Internet here just isn't strong enough to upload pictures.

After our three expensive weeks in Norway, we were put on a three week "break" in Sitges, Spain. It's a little beach town outside of Barcelona. We had a city in Norway cancelled, then something else happened. . . anyways it was cheaper for the company to put us up in Spain then to send us home.

Last week I took a mini-vacation for myself. I went to Paris, France by myself. I've always wanted to go to Paris, and I finally got to go. I had three sightseeing packed days all to myself, I took over 500 photos. I really want to post photos to show you what I've seen instead of just writing about it, but every time it starts to upload, it just times out. It's really quite annoying.

My first day in Paris I went to the Eiffel Tower, the Arch of Triumph, walked and shopped the Champs-Elysees, and strolled the grounds of the Louvre. On the second day, I went out to Versailles, then came back into the city and went to the Museum d'Orsay, plus a stop at the Eiffel Tower for a crepe. My last day in Paris was very busy. I started the morning by going up Eiffel Tower, then went over to Notre-Dame, then finished my day out by touring the many many rooms of the Louvre.

This upcoming week, which will be our last week in Spain before we go to Sweden, I plan on going into Barcelona to do some sightseeing. When the show was in Barcelona last year I had the flu and didn't get to see much. I hope to do some of the things I missed last year.

Let's hope for some good internet soon!