Friday, February 03, 2006

(no subject)

This is my last week in Mexico. I'm currently in a city called Puebla.
I had my own little adventure yesterday. Our washing machine broke and I had to find a way to wash the show laundry before the show. Charlie and I got one of the front desk guys to help us out. Edwardo (front desk guy) and I walked two blocks down the street to a little hole in the wall. Here a woman washes and dries your clothes based on how much they weigh. Edwardo explained to the lady that I was with the Winnie the Pooh show that was in town and our traveling washer broke and that I needed these clothes washed, not dried, before our next show. Since they normally do a full service, wash and dry and it takes approximately a day to get your clothes back, Edwardo bargained that he would send everyone from the hotel I'm staying in to her if she would do this favor. Note that my Spanish isn't that good, but I can get the jist of conversations.
Anyways, the lady said she'd cut me a deal and let me wash it myself for $40 pesos. However, I didn't bring any soap with me . . . so why couldn't she do it? If she did it, it would be $50 pesos. $10 pesos is $1 US dollar. So we're arguing over a dollar here. I insisted that she do it, that way I could have a break and go get something to eat. After much deliberation, it was settled on $50 pesos and she would do it.
This week we've been doing some fun company stuff. We had a Pooh-B-Q (BBQ) with lots of tequila and another piƱata. Last night we had something they call "in-shows" which is basically a talent show for everyone to show what talents they don't use in the show. Marion blew us all away with the help of Leo and Mark. It was so awesome it made my stomach hurt.
It's hard to believe that a week from today I'll be working shifts at SeaWorld dressing penguins again. But really, what else am I gonna do for an entire month?