Friday, January 20, 2006

Hello everyone.

Yes, I know, I have been slacking on my blog posting. But I have a good reason. . . I've had the nastiest cold now for a week.

Last Sunday we packed the show up in Mexico City to travel to Guadalajara. We traveled by plane, when we got to the airport, they held our luggage ransom. They wanted some more money because we all travel with two bags. I was already sick, and my ears were a mess after the flight. We then loaded onto a bus that took us to our new hotel. It's nice as well, all the staff speaks English which is very helpful.

We loaded into the theatre on Tuesday, it was pretty crazy. There was lots of locals to help with the load in. Most of them my age, and very cute! When Charlie and I arrived, the locals swarmed us trying to help. Charlie turned to me and said, "You and your bloody boobs." My response was, "Whatever! You have red hair, so don't blame this on me!" Sometimes there really is too many cooks in the kitchen. The local guys were trying so hard to help us that it was actually slowing us down from working.

This week I'm rooming with Nadia. She's been a lot of fun to room with so far, cause she loves to talk and gossip. I thought rooming with Nadia would really suckm but it's been fun! Sadly, Nadia pulled her shoulder out of socket and had to go to the emergency room. She's been in a lot of pain lately, and they're saying she'll be out of the show for two weeks.

Besides Nadia getting hurt, the show has areally suffered here in Guadalajara. At first out sound system was all messed up because of the electricity in the building. Then, our lighting and projections went kaput on us. Tomorrow we start a six pack for the weekend, hopefully, all technical difficulties will now be behind us.

Sadly, I haven't gotten to see any of Guadaljara yet. I've been so sick that when I'm not at work, I've been in bed. I've been coughing so much that I feel like my lungs are gonna come out. I finally got myself out and went to a pharmica and got some Robotussin. Yeah, stay away from Mexican Robotussin. . . it makes my head very loopy.

Alright, I've got to go to bed now. It's getting late and I'm working early tomorrow.